Thursday, February 28, 2013

Landscapes

I took many different shots of landscapes outside around where I live. Although it was a cloudy day, I was still able to capture a bit of the blue sky that was out momentarily. These are the three of my favorite shots that I have chosen to share:
 
 
 I really like how this first shot came out of the landscape because it really displays what I was trying to capture. What it captures is the presence of nature around the area, but you can also appreciate the layout of the scenery in this picture. I also enjoy how the road looks in the picture. It is prevalent in the very front of the picture then gets narrow and almost seems to disappear, or give the illusion that it goes on for a really long time. Although the colors are sort of bland in the picture because you mostly see grays,whites,browns and blues, I still feel that you gather what the landscape is.
 This second shot I chose because it is simple, yet intricate at the same time. I think it is interesting how the road in this particular shot is slanted rather than being completely straight, which I feel wouldn't make the photo as interesting that it is. I also attempted to use the rule of thirds in this picture by having the large tree be to the right of the picture rather than directly in the center.
Finally, this third shot I chose I like because what I was trying to focus on was the layout of the mountains in the very background. Again, it is somewhat of a bland picture because there are not many colors, but in winter you're basically only dealing with whites and grays in most photographs that you take outside. I also like the texture of the ground in this photograph. I was standing in a field, so the ground was bumpy everywhere.

5 comments:

  1. I really like the first photo the most. I love how it shows close up trees, a road and then off in the distance some mountains. I like the different depths it shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI
    I like the first shot the best. Its composition with the road going through the trees, and into the mountains is great! Thanks Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first picture is my favorite too. I love the blue sky that is peeking through. I also like you captured the road going towards the mountains. It gives a feeling of this scene just continuing on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon,

    The last picture is my favorite because the texture in the field. The snow covered field mixed in the brown creates a unique element to the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first picture is my favorite. I really like how the road leads your eye to the mountains. Although the colors are "bland" I think they feel like a real Vermont winter - it really is the greys, browns and whites. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete