Saturday, April 6, 2013

Portraits

 
 
The first portrait photo here is of my sister who is currently battling cancer. She is my hero in so many ways. I captured this in black and white because I feel that it makes for a more dramatic shot. I told her to make any expression she wanted and she told me that she wanted to smile. This photo I feel captures how strong of a person she is, with everything she's going through she still manages to put a smile on her face everyday.
 

The second portrait I took is of my brother and his girlfriend. I feel that it is a very natural photo because they are both smiling and look very happy.
 

4 comments:

  1. I definitely think that the second photo looks a lot more natural with the lighting and their smiles. Both photos are very well taken. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These both work well, though I'd like to see you submit more. If you have a chance have your sister sit near a window and try to capture the natural light coming through the window onto her. If you are going to use a flash, then place a cloth or other semi translucent material in front of it to diffuse it. The biggest problem with the flash on the camera is that you get this flattening effect. Also, be aware of the background if you are not going to fill the frame with the person/persons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the black and white. it has an interesting feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After reading the story behind the photo of your sister, the black and white is a very powerful and interesting choice. Good job.

    ReplyDelete